So this morning I woke up to make DH breakfast smoothie. I popped in 1/4 of a teaspoon in my mouth and started to swish. I do this very slowly and move it back and forth. It's really hard to try not to swallow but I just kept going. I didn't pay much attention to the time because I didn't want to stop at a certain point unless it was close to the 20 minute mark.
About 7 minutes into it I had to sneeze and tried to hold back, but it wasn't happening so up came the oil and toxins from my mouth too. Being I was still in the kitchen I just spit it out in the kitchen trash. Some of it got on my hand it it kind of burned and tingled. Not sure if that was because of the toxins I was pulling out or because it was just so warm from my mouth. I washed my hands and rinsed out my mouth.
Today when I was pulling I did feel something a little different. I could feel me pulling something out from the back of my throat. I am not sure if this is due to pulling toxins from other parts of my body or if it was from my lymphatic system since I still battling with environmental allergies.
My main purpose with oil pulling is my allergies, because if I can decrease my allergies by half of what they usually are then I won't have as many headaches neither. I hope to keep doing this everyday and eventually get up to the 20 minute mark with a full tablespoon of coconut oil. One day I will incorporate essential oils but that will be once I become a professional oil puller.