Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oil Pulling Journal Day 5

I didn't oil pull on day 3 and 4, because of DH's schedule. I was hoping I would have been able to but wasn't. This morning I almost didn't do it. I was nervous about having to start all over again and only being able to go for maybe a few minutes again. I almost didn't do it and debated in my head for a good 10 minutes, then I read a testimony about a girl that oil pulled for 2 months. All of her allergies, and respiratory issues were gone. The dentist was very shocked and wanted to know what she had been doing because her gums, and teeth were extremely clean and healthy. It's stories like hers that give me hope in knowing that it is something I can do. I know the benefits and I just have to suck it up and do it.

With that being said this morning I popped about a whole teaspoon in my mouth. I don't like to melt it, because it just feels too weird in my mouth if I do. So I started to swish. After about 4 minutes out came the coconut oil. I was coughing and gagging at first. I thought man this is horrible. How am I going to get through this. So I got the spoon and got another teaspoon and this time not so bad. I was able to go for about 16 minutes total. I just kept swishing and then spit out. I rinse my mouth out with some salt water to help flush out what ever else and spit it in the trash. I don't want to swallow any of it.

Some things I did notice the past couple of days that I didn't oil pull was back pain. I started to have increase of back and joint pain again. I also had a hard time following asleep. I don't know if it is related or not, but I think I should take note of it. It may get better and it may not. My goal is that by April 25th I will be oil pulling for the full 20 minutes with no problem at all. My biggest concern is with getting my fillings removed and want to make sure I can get as much bacteria out as possible for the days following.

I will keep on tracking my progress as the days go on. I will keep all of you posted on how I do. If you have started to oil pull or have any tips, or ideas please share them with me. I know others would love to know more. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment