Kasey and I aren't big into living in financial prosperity. We strongly believe in being content with what God has given us. We have so many blessings that so many take for granted. If we take a minute everyday to say aloud what our blessings are we will see that we are truly blessed in so many ways. I might not be a home owner, or have a luxurious home even, but I am more blessed than others. (I or my family is not better or higher above others, just have different blessings).
Some of the physical blessings I have daily are:
- I have a husband that loves me, and loves Jesus.
- I have 5 beautiful blessings that bring me joy.
- I have unity with my husband and a love that grows stronger each day.
- I have a God that is forgiving and a holy spirit that guides me each day.
- I have a family that loves me for me and not who that want me to be.
- My husband has a job that he can support us financially without me having to work.
- We have food in our fridge and cupboard, it may not be a lot but it is enough.
- I have wisdom about my health.
- I am able to get up on my own in the morning, make breakfast and be the homemaker that God wants me to be. (Proverbs 31)
- I am able to worship, and read my bible freely without someone coming into my home or trying to sneak me a part of the bible.
- Last but definitely not least. I have the love of and for Jesus that no one can take from me. I have him with me every minute of everyday.
These are just a few of the things that I think of to start with. They may not be what everyone thinks of when they think of blessings, but this is what I think of. I think of how grateful I am just to be alive. I am so grateful that God has allowed me to be here on Earth another day. I am so grateful that God has allowed my husband and my kids to be here with me on this Earth another day. So in closing I would like to say that one scripture that we should think of and sought out daily is Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.