People always think to eat healthy you have to eat food that doesn't taste good. I used to think the same thing but as you start to make healthier choices your taste buds tend to like other foods and dislike the unhealthy foods.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that if you don't have pecans that will probably be the only thing you will have to buy.
- 1lb Pecans
- 1 Egg White
- 1 TBSP Water
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1 TSP Coarse Grain Sea Salt
- 3/4 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- Pre Heat Oven to 250 Degrees.
- On a Cookie sheet add Parchment Paper or Wax paper
- In a large bowl add the egg, and water.
- Mix well until it becomes frothy.
- Add in the pecans and stir until all the pecans have the egg white wash on them.
- In a separate bowl add in the honey, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the honey mix to the pecans while mixing until all the pecans are coated with honey mixture.
- With a rubber spatula spread the pecans out evenly on the cookie sheet making it one layer.
- Put in oven for 1 hour 30 minutes stirring it every 15 minutes. (This needs to be done other wise it can and will stick to the paper.
- When done remove the pecans from the paper immediately into a glass bowl otherwise they may stick to the paper as they cool.
They are great. If you made them please leave a comment and let me know.
|This is what they will look like when they come out of the oven.|