Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Homemade Deodorant Recipe

After much research I have come to the conclusion that even my "safe crystal alternative" isn't as safe as I thought it was. It's no surprise that deodorants have chemicals that can cause reactions in our bodies not to mention all the poorly researched evidence that so many companies claim to have come up with. Obviously I don't have to go into details about why you should make your own deodorant because you came here for a reason. Here is how to do it. It took me a whole 10 minutes from gathering the products, to mixing it to putting it in the fridge.

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 Cup of Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Cup of Tapioca Starch (You can use corn starch too but decrease it to 1/4 cup. My daughter has a slight allergy to corn and corn like products but not to Tapioca) **Note you can also use Arrowroot** 
  • 1 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 
  • 25-30 drops of Essential Oil of Choice (I chose Lavender because of the calming of the nerves, antibacterial, and the smell)

Directions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Then add them to a container or choice. I used an old deodorant container and cleaned it out. 
  3. Then put in the fridge to harden. Keep in fridge during the hotter months but you can take out during the colder months. 

Here are the ingredients and brands that I used. 
Please leave a comment and let me know how it worked for you. I made this for my almost 11 year old daughter and she loves it and thinks it works better than the store bought. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment