Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Raw Almond Butter

I have to say I was a little nervous anytime I try something new. I always wonder if it will be as good as a brand name, or the one I get from my local farmer, or as good as someone that went to school to specialize in this kind of stuff, but I am doing better and better everyday.

Let's face it I am just one person trying to make a difference and help those wanting to live a healthier, wholesome, natural living life. I guess I should give myself more credit than I do. Today I made almond butter with raw organic almonds. I don't have a food processor so I was worried about how it would come out and if it would even come out. So here it is...It is AMAZING.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups of Raw Organic Almonds
  • 2 tablespoons of Raw Local Honey 
  • 1 tablespoon of Sea Salt (I chose the coarse) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional, you may or may not need this)

Directions:
  1. Put the almonds in the food processor of your choice. I actually used the Ninja. (Note it does take a little longer with the Ninja but will work)
  2. Keep mixing until it become butter. The whole process will take around 20-25 minutes. You may have to stop and scrape the sides every couple of minutes. (See pictures below)
After about 5 Minutes
After about 15 Minutes



After about 20 Minutes 

Finished Raw Almond Butter


Please comment if you have a question, comment or made it your own. I would love to hear if you did anything different and what you did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment