So here is my recipe for it.
- 6-8 Medium to Large potatoes
- 12-15 Cups of water
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of onion finely diced
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of basil
- 1-2 cups of raw milk
- Put the water on medium to high to start a boil.
- Cut the potatoes up in 1-2 inch square pieces.
- Put the potatoes with peeling on, 1 stick of butter, salt, pepper, and garlic in the water to boil with the potatoes.
- Once they are soft, drain the water.
- Smash them add the other stick of butter, milk and salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
These are a house favorite. We love them.