Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Teaching Our Daughters

Tonight I listened to the video posted below and I have to say one of my favorite sermons that I have watched or heard in a long time. Don't get me wrong I love learning the whole bible but to hit a topic like this is rare. It's not being taught in many congregations even the Messianic and Torah teachings.

I had been thinking about doing a post about our daughters and what I hope I can teach them. This one hour video pretty much sums it up. Voddie Bauchman speaks of how women's role is in the home and to her husband.

My favorite quote was "You are not a piece of meat to fulfill a man's sinful desire, but you are worth far more than rubies". We live in a world that promotes sexuality in a way that our 13 and 14 year old daughters should not be desiring. We are a blended family meaning my older two are not biologically from my husband, however that has never been the structure of our home. So I understand the struggles that it takes and what women go through when the man up and leaves, or isn't willing to take care of his kids on his own, because I have been there.

After watching the video it actually prompted me to teach my oldest daughter more about what her role is and what she needs to be looking for. She is only 11 years old, but being in public school for the past year and a half I am sure there is some views, and things that we need to reroute and redirect her to. It's crazy to think in the next 10 years she could be getting married and starting a family of her own. My prayer and hope is that she finds a man that embraces and lives out the Titus 2 scriptures. Not just for a short time and not just to marry her, but because he truly believes in the scriptures.



0 comments:

Post a Comment