Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mom and Dad Why I Love You

Today I was looking through some pictures and I came across one of my mom and dad. They are still married after 30 years. I have to say it is the best picture I have seen of them. My mom and dad are truly my inspiration for my marriage. No matter what they have fought through their marriage to keep it together. They showed that marriage and life isn't always easy but standing in unity with your spouse and prayer can get you through anything. 

My dad taught me and my sisters to stand up for what you believe in. He taught me that I may have to make sacrifices in order to take care of my kids. He taught me to not lie to your kids it sets a bad example and it's wrong. He always showed that he loved me even though he was a little tough on us. It makes me happy and proud to call him my dad. 

My mom always taught me to be a lady. Never settle for anything but the best. She has set an amazing example of a mom. She always took care of me and taught me everything I know about raising my kids. Not all of it we completely agree on but we are both OK with it. I don't have to worry about if she will ever let me down when I truly need her because she has always been there. She has moved across state lines and away from all of my other sisters just to be with me for a few months while my DH was deployed, gone in training or because I was pregnant AGAIN. My mom isn't perfect, but she has shown me that you don't have to be and never will be perfect. I can say my mom is one of my best friends and I love that we can spend a day together just hanging out. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment