Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Swallow That Garlic

I hope that this post does make you laugh, most of all. In January I got a kidney infection and I went to the doctor and he didn't believe me at first. He talked to me like I didn't know what I was talking about, and that I was needing attention. Believe me that is that last thing I wanted to do. I only went in to confirm it was a kidney infection. I had a high fever, pain in the lower back, and couldn't sit in one position for very long. I have only had a kidney infection one other time in my life and it was the same pain again.

So the doctor was very prideful and literally talked me in a way that didn't make me feel comfortable. I was kind of upset and told my DH how he just rushed me through and said it's back spasms, and they would send it off to culture but more than likely it's just back spasms. I didn't agree with him. So I kept pushing my fluids. By the next weekend I was still in some pain. I was taking a Kidney Activator Herb Supplement, D3, and a Potassium Combination blend. It helped with the pain a little bit but I could tell the infection was still there. My husband did pick up the prescription but I chose not to take it.

Instead I went old school. Remembering back of what I would have done a year or two ago. So I said I am going to take a garlic clove and swallow it. That will kill the infection. By this time it was the 10th day of having the infection so I know I needed to get it killed. During that time I would get fever off and on, and I would get cold chills.

So I took a small garlic clove because I wasn't sure how I would be able to do it. I have told hundreds of people just take a garlic clove and swallow it. I know it works, I know the amazing benefits of garlic, but I myself have never had to actually swallow a garlic clove.

So the first dose I took the small clove went down like a regular pill. I was like man that was so easy and no garlic taste neither. A few hours later I was starting to feel better, but I knew I would have to do it again over the next couple of days to be sure the infection dies. Plus garlic is good for you any way.

The next day was as Saturday I got a little bit bigger sized clove this time. I also bought some cranberries and boiled them in water so that way I could drink the cranberry juice. That evening I had to take my 2nd dose of garlic. I got a clove off and thought this should fit it's no bigger than a prenatal vitamin and I used to take those all the time just fine. (What I didn't realize was that the clove was curved and not exactly shaped like the prenatal vitamin I used to take) I just need a bigger glass of water. So I got the water and popped the garlic into my mouth and started drinking the water. I kept drinking and drinking. The garlic clove started to go down, but about half way down I realized it wasn't going to go down. So it was either going to come up or I was going to die. Next thing I know all the water including the garlic clove came shooting out all over the floor and my husband's back.

The first thing I said once I was able to catch a breath was "I'm Sorry". He said what happened. I responded back to him. I was trying to swallow the garlic clove and about half way down my throat I realized it wasn't going to fit and then the water came back up with the garlic clove. He said "So you didn't swallow it." I told him "No". His next response was "Well where is it so I can wash it off." My response back to him was "ewww no you are not going to wash it. Throw it away." He said "No we can use it again." I was trying so hard not to laugh, but it was really hard. By the way that garlic clove went in the trash.

So the moral of the story is be sure to cut up the garlic clove at least 2 or 3 times in length so it does fit. The garlic taste isn't that bad at all. If you really don't like it you can coat it with honey like my dear friend Darlene suggests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment