I would like to thank Charity for being our guest blogger on this post. Hopefully we will be hearing more from her in the future.
I loved this idea and thought who wouldn't want to do this. Everyone loves a pumpkin spice latte in February or pumpkin pie in June that just sounds delightful.
All you need is a pumpkin, oven, baking sheet, and a blender/mixer/food processor etc.
- Cut up the pumpkin and gut it out by taking out the seeds and the stringy stuff.
- Cut it in chunks and put in the oven on 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45-75 minutes or until soft all the way through.
- Peel off the peeling and the outer part of the pumpkin.
- Put the "meat" of the pumpkin in a food processor of your choice. I used the Ninja blender and it worked great.
- Mix until soft and put in container, or freezer bags to freeze. For 1 quart of freezer bags I was able to do about 3 cups of pumpkin puree. (Most recipes call for 2-3 cups of pumpkin puree) So could have one bag for each pumpkin pie.